first generation microprocessor, Assembly Language

Assignment Help:

1st Generation Microprocessor :

At the end of the 70s a group of engineers developed a chip is able to processing data. This chip was called processor chip. Big processors were developed by using VLSI technology. Another successful try of engineers, in the developing a processor which worked in a controlled manner, was called microprocessor. Thus a single VLSI/LSI/VVLSI chips are able to processing data in a controlled manner was called the microprocessor.

The design team headed by Ted Hoff of Intel Corporation developed the 1st such controlled processor in 1969, but Intel began marketing its first microprocessor in the name of Intel 4004 in the year of1971. This was a 4-bit microprocessor which have16-pins hocused in a single chip of pMOS technology. This was called the first generation of the microprocessor.  The 4-bit microprocessor worked with 4-bit word .The Intel 4004 along with few other devices was used for developing calculators. The ability of changing functions of any system by only changing the programming rather than redesigning of the hardware was the key behind the growth of the microprocessors.

The Intel 8008 was developed in 1972 that worked with 8-bit word.

It required about 20 or more extra devices (chips) to design a functional CPU.

A few first generation microprocessors are listed in the Table:

 

2217_table1.jpg


Related Discussions:- first generation microprocessor

Efficient assembly language program, (1) Write a program that will: (a) dis...

(1) Write a program that will: (a) display "Enter Your Name:" (b) convert the entered name to Capital letters (if small), If any other character is entered, the program wil

Test-logical instruction-microprocessor, TEST : Logical Compare Instructio...

TEST : Logical Compare Instruction: The TEST instruction performs bit by bit logical AND operation on the 2 operands. Each bit of the result is then set to value I, if the equival

Fourth generation microprocessor, Fourth  Generation Microprocessor : T...

Fourth  Generation Microprocessor : The single chip 32-bit microprocessor was introduced in 1981 by Intel as iAPX 432. The other 4th generation  microprocessors  were;  Hewlett

Interrupt system based on 8259 a-microprocessor, Interrupt System Based on ...

Interrupt System Based on Single 8259 A The 8259A is contained in a 28-pin dual-in-line package that need only a + 5-V supply voltage.  Its organization is shown in given figur

Port mapped or mapped input output, Port Mapped I/O or I/O Mapped I/O I...

Port Mapped I/O or I/O Mapped I/O I/O devices are mapped into a separate address space. This is generally accomplished by having a different set of signal lines to denote a mem

Write a program that will input a number from the keyboard, Write a program...

Write a program that will input a number from the keyboard, and then display the number in binary form, as well as the number of one's in the number. Hint: Shift the value left (or

Intel''s 8237 dma controller-microprocessor, Intel's 8237 DMA controller : ...

Intel's 8237 DMA controller : 1) The 8237 contain 4 independent I/O channels 2) It contains 27 registers, 7 of which are system-wide registers and 5 for each channel. 3)

Assigment help, assempbly language routine that takes an array named A cont...

assempbly language routine that takes an array named A containing n bytes of postive numebrs and fills two arranys, array B containing n words and array C containing n long words

Introduction to 80 x 86 assembly language, Using the windows32 framework, w...

Using the windows32 framework, write a complete 80x86 program for Programming Exercises 4.3 number 3, on pages 130-131 of the textbook. Follow all coding conventions mentioned in

Write Your Message!

Captcha
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd